Miami Professional License Defense Lawyer
One of the hallmarks of belonging to a profession involves being held to a high standard of ethics and professionalism. A momentary lapse in judgment or even a seemingly insignificant action can result in an arrest or conviction for a crime and can sometimes cause agencies to call into question a person’s fitness and character to practice as a member of one’s chosen profession. In addition to providing strong, effective criminal defense in state and federal courts throughout Florida, the Miami professional license defense lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo also represent lawyers and other professionals in disciplinary proceedings where they may face suspension or loss of their professional license.
Representing Professionals in Licensing and Disciplinary Proceedings Throughout Florida
There are many often insignificant actions that can cause a disciplinary proceeding to be initiated against a person’s license. Whether it is a comment or action that is misinterpreted or something more serious like an accusation of wrongdoing or an arrest, it is important that you are properly represented at every stage of the proceedings.
- Architectural License Defense
- Accountant License Defense
- Doctor License Defense
- Engineer License Defense
- Real Estate License Defense
- Teaching License Defense
The Florida Department of Business and Professional Regulation (DBPR) licenses and regulates over two dozen different professions, and its Division of Professions oversees the licensing of nearly 400,000 professionals in the state of Florida. Our practice includes the defense of professionals across a wide variety of industries, fields and occupations, including:
- Architects – Representation before the DBPR Board of Architecture and Interior Design, which reviews disciplinary cases and conducts informal hearings relating to licensure and discipline
- Certified Public Accountants – Representation before the DBPR Division of Certified Public Accounting and the Florida Board of Accountancy
- Engineers – Representation before the Florida Board of Professional Engineers and Florida Engineers Management Corporation
- Real Estate Agents and Brokers – Representation before the DBPR Division of Real Estate, Florida Real Estate Commission, and Florida Real Estate Appraisal Board
- Doctors – Representation before the Florida Board of Medicine, as well as the Boards of Nursing, Dentistry, Pharmacy and Optometry covering all manner of healthcare professionals
- Teachers – Representation before the Department of Education and the local School Board.
- Nurses– Representation before the Florida Board of Nursing.
Lawyer Disciplinary Proceedings
As lawyers ourselves, we are intimately familiar with the Rules of Professional Conduct and requirements for maintaining a membership in good standing with The Florida Bar and the Florida courts. As experienced defense lawyers, we are firmly committed to the bedrock principle that every person accused of a crime or a violation of professional standards is entitled to a vigorous defense on their behalf and the advice and representation of competent counsel. Mycki Ratzan and Jude Faccidomo have a long standing history of defending their colleagues before the Florida Bar in disciplinary actions. Often the hardest thing for a lawyer to recognize is that they themselves need to be represented. Meet with Mycki and Jude for a confidential and free consultation so that they may assess your issue and explain to you the rights that you have.
Miami Professional License Defense Lawyers Protecting Your Liberty, Your Life and Your Livelihood
A criminal accusation can have repercussions which ripple throughout every aspect of your life, not the least of which concerns your professional livelihood. Don’t give up everything you have worked so hard to achieve without a fight. If you are facing disciplinary proceedings, including the suspension or revocation of your professional license, contact Ratzan & Faccidomo in Miami to speak with compassionate, experienced Miami license defense lawyers.