Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer
It is perhaps the most stressful and unnerving event that can occur in a person’s life—you are suddenly facing a criminal prosecution. Instantly, the anxiety can become overwhelming as you are faced with a flood of fears and questions. If you have been arrested for a crime or have been charged with a criminal offense under federal or state law, an experienced Miami criminal defense lawyer at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC can assist with your defense.
- Arrest Warrants
- Car Accident Property Damage
- College Student Defense
- Credit Card Fraud
- Domestic Violence Defense
- Drug Crimes
- DUI Defense
- Identity Theft
- Immigrant & Non-Citizen Criminal Defense
- Prescription Fraud
- Professional License Defense
- Reckless Driving
- Revenge Porn
- Search Warrants
- Sexual Assault Defense
- Sex Crimes
- Stand Your Ground
- Theft & Shoplifting
- Violent Crime
- White Collar Crime
Whether arrested for driving under the influence or are indicted in federal court, few of us are ever prepared for the anxiety and potentially serious repercussions that accompany criminal charges. Although many criminal offenses carry the very real potential for jail time, even less serious crimes can have long-lasting consequences such as the loss of a job or immigration problems and deportation. Additionally, you may face the possibility of having a life-long criminal record with a misdemeanor or felony offense, which you may be required to disclose whenever you apply for a new job. Even a simple decision to coach your child’s little league team can come to a halt if you have a criminal record. Don’t let an arrest prevent you from living the life you want to lead.
Florida & Federal Crime Lawyers
The dedicated Miami criminal defense lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC handle many different types of criminal defense matters. We regularly assist people accused in state and federal court of all criminal defense issues. No matter the level of severity of the crime, we can help to prepare your defense. The types of cases we routinely handle include but are not limited to:
- DUI offenses: when you have been charged with a DUI, you can face substantial repercussions at your place of employment, as well as jail time, fines, and the revocation of your driver’s license. If convicted, you can face penalties that include up to 9 months of jail time, required DUI school attendance, up to 50 hours of community service, fines of up to $500, up to 1 year of probation, and other penalties.
- Drug crimes: narcotics investigations continue to take place across the state of Florida and throughout the country, and being convicted of a serious drug crime can result in significant financial fines and jail time. Whether you’ve been arrested for possession of marijuana in small amounts or trafficking in a controlled substance like marijuana or cocaine, we can help.
- Sex crimes: the advent of new Internet technologies have made it easier for sexual predators to engage in crimes like solicitation and possession or distribution of child pornography, but many defendants are unjustly accused. Many defenses exist to sex crimes, and our office can assist with your case.
- White collar crimes: while financial crimes typically aren’t considered as dangerous as other offenses, they nonetheless can lead to lengthy prison sentences and serious financial penalties. If you’ve been accused of tax fraud, Medicare fraud, mortgage fraud, money laundering, racketeering, or another form of white collar crime, don’t hesitate to contact us.
- Theft crimes: depending on the amount of property you’ve been accused of stealing, you can be facing penalties for either a misdemeanor or a felony offense. Even nonviolent crimes such as shoplifting or petit theft can result in a long jail sentence.
- Assault and violent crimes: being arrested for a violent crime can mean you’re facing a wide range of penalties from a second degree misdemeanor offense all the way up to a first degree felony offense. Many defenses exist to violent crimes, including self-defense claims and justifiable homicide. These laws are complicated, however, and it’s important to discuss your options with a Miami violence crime defense lawyer.
- Representation of professionals: learning that you’ve been accused of an ethical or professional violation can come as a shock. When careers are at stake, many professionals such as CPAs, real estate agents, lawyers, doctors, and teachers require the help of a Florida defense lawyer.
- Defense of college students: as fraternity accidents continue to make news reports across the state of Florida, many college students face criminal charges for crimes related to assault, DUI, and sex crimes. We can help to ensure that your college student has the best defense for his or her situation.
To be sure, our lawyers are particularly skilled in the representation of lawyers and other professionals facing disciplinary proceedings, and in the specific nuances that apply to the defense of college students.
Success Statistics of Criminal Defense Lawyers
When you hire a Miami criminal defense lawyer, what will your money buy you? It’s important to know that the dedicated lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC can help to ensure that you have the best possible defense throughout each stage of your case.
According to a press release from the U.S. Department of Justice, more defendants who are incarcerated after a criminal conviction did not hire their own lawyers. Indeed, both federal and state criminal laws are quite complex, but Mycki and Jude have decades of experience navigating the complicated criminal justice system. We know how to prepare a successful defense for people who have been charged with many different offenses, ranging from DUIs, to white collar crimes such as tax fraud, and all the way up to violent crimes like first degree murder. We believe that every person deserves to have a dedicated and knowledgeable defense lawyer on his or her side when facing serious criminal charges.
Wrongly Accused Clients and the Value of a Miami Criminal Defense Lawyer
In Florida, recent crackdowns on drug crimes, financial crimes, and other criminal offenses have resulted in many defendants being wrongly accused of these serious acts. For example, when newspapers like the Miami Herald refer to our city as a Medicare fraud “hot spot,” it encourages law enforcement officers and prosecutors to come up with arrests and convictions. In the process, however, many innocent Florida residents face unjust white collar crime charges.
And it’s not just financial crimes that are considered rampant in Florida. Indeed, our state has some of the most stringent laws surrounding sex crimes. Particularly when it comes to solicitation of a minor or possession of child pornography, law enforcement in Florida has arrested many innocent people. New technologies have provided many benefits, but they’ve also resulted in Miami residents facing charges for Internet photographs that they’ve unknowingly downloaded, among other offenses.
Florida residents who have been accused of crimes deserve to be represented by compassionate and skilled defense lawyers. Facing any criminal offense or investigation can have potentially life-changing consequences. You already know that a criminal conviction can mean jail time, heavy fines, and damage to your reputation. At the same time, however, the ramifications of even a simple accusation such as shoplifting can go far beyond that. If not handled properly, criminal convictions and even mere accusations can result in:
- The loss of your job;
- Negative effects on any professional license; and
- Significant stress and embarrassment for you and your family.
Additionally, if you are not a United States citizen, even if you are here lawfully, a seemingly insignificant offense can have severe immigration consequences. Indeed, a criminal charge can lead to your deportation in certain circumstances. The Miami criminal lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC work to shield you from the adverse effects of an arrest or conviction, and we strive to achieve the best outcome possible in your particular situation.
Fighting for Your Rights Every Step of the Way
As a person accused of a crime, you have certain rights guaranteed to you by the U.S. Constitution, including the right to be represented at every stage of a criminal proceeding. However, having those rights guaranteed and invoking them properly to protect yourself from criminal liability are two very different things.
The criminal defense lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC are with you every step of the way and pride themselves on putting a protective barrier between you and overly aggressive prosecutors and law enforcement. The lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC are skilled at assisting people who have not yet been arrested but are under investigation by the police. In these cases, we can step in and influence how an arrest is made, the types of charged filed, and in some cases we can prevent charges from ever being filed at all.
It is all too common for people who have done nothing wrong or who believe they can “talk their way out of something” to engage law enforcement, believing they can convince them not to go forward with an arrest. The unfortunate reality is that, by the time you have been approached, most agent or detectives have made up their minds that you have done something wrong, and they will manipulate anything you say to fit one of their theories of the case. Even the most innocuous statement can be reworded by law enforcement as a means of creating probable cause and allowing them to place you under arrest.
Invoke Your Rights and Contact a Miami Criminal Lawyer
By invoking your right to counsel and contacting Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC, you immediately send a strong message to police that you are not going to be bullied.
If you are arrested, our lawyers will work to secure your release. We will be sure to fight to protect your right to have a reasonable bond amount set, or even to have you released on your own recognizance with no monetary bond at all while we prepare and present a strong defense for your case.
Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC also handles post-conviction and appellate matters. Should you find yourself in a position where you unfortunately require post-conviction defense representation, we provide assistance with sentencing, appeals, habeas corpus, and defense of probation and parole violations.
Aggressive, Compassionate, and Effective Criminal Defense in Miami
The lawyers at Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC have decades of combined experience. In the Miami community, we are widely considered to be among the best criminal defense lawyers practicing today. We will apply all of our skill, knowledge, and dedication toward getting you the best outcome possible. Our criminal lawyers treat every client with dignity, respect, and compassion. Our team handles each case with zealous tenacity.
At Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC, we pride ourselves on fighting the case but representing the person. If you have been arrested and charged with a crime in the greater Miami area, contact Ratzan & Faccidomo, LLC for a free consultation with an experienced and effective Miami criminal defense lawyer.